Learn everything you need to know about maintenance and care of your Camillette jewelry!
How to Take Care of Pearls
Pearls are a gift from nature worth caring for. Here are some tips and recommendations about how to care for your pearls.
- Don’t wear pearls when you exercise, shower or swim. Do not put them under running water for example when you do the laundry or the dishes.
- Bleach, chlorine, hydrogen peroxide, vinegar, ammonia, hair and skin products like perfume and cosmetics will damage pearls. Avoid those substances in contact with pearls.
- As strange as it may seems, pearls absorb and benefit from the natural oils secreted by your skin. Wearing your pearls will do them good!
- Avoid spraying perfume, skin or hair on pearls.
- You can clean pearls with a soft cloth.
- Be careful not to scratch the nacre surface of the pearl to keep it lustrous.
Click here to download further instructions on the care and maintenance of pearls.
How Do I Clean Silver, Brass and Bronze?
Keep your jewelry looking like new! Use a jewelry polishing cloth, which can be purchased here or at your local jeweler’s shop. No water needed. Simply rub your jewelry with the cloth. It can be used until it is completely darkened. Do not wash the cloth.
Bronze and brass naturally tarnish and oxidize faster than silver. Some skins react more and a dark mark can appear. This is not abnormal and is not a defect of the product. Homemade tricks: to clean silver, use toothpaste. For brass & bronze, try rubbing it with ketchup. Rinse and dry thoroughly.
*It is not recommended to use liquid silver polishing solution (e.g Tarnex).
How To Take Care of Gold?
No special maintenance is necessary for gold as it does not tarnish or oxidize. You can however clean it with a polishing cloth.