WORKSHOP - Design and Fabricate a Silver Ring
Learn How to Make a Silver or Brass Ring 💍 !
Have you ever wanted to discover and learn how jewelry is made? Did you ever wish to visit a jewelry workshop and try to create a piece of jewelry with your own 👐 hands? Here is your chance to immerse yourself into the world of jewelry making! With this three-hour workshop, you'll learn the basics of the jewelry craft with Camillette or another a professional jeweller by your side.
What You'll Do During This Workshop
We'll guide you through, step by step, in the making of a ring silver or brass ring. Being by your side at each step, we'll make it easy and fun. You can make the ring for yourself or for a special someone.
- First, we'll measure your finger to get the right size. If the ring is for someone else, you must know in advance the finger size of the person or bring a ring he/she already owns. Contact us to learn the ways to measure a ring size.
- Second, you'll follow the traditional steps of making a ring : you will saw, sand, file, solder and form the metal into a circle.
- Finally, you'll complete your ring by polishing it to get a shiny, satin or mat finish.
Offer to yourself, a cherished one, a friend or a relative the unique experience of jewelry making. What a great gift 🎁 to offer for a birthday, an anniversary, a special occasion or for Christmas! What about a team-building experience?
What Can I Expect?
- To have fun & learn something new
- No experience necessary!
- Experience the joy of creating a ring with your own hands.
- Live a unique, new and exciting experience
- ATT! This experience entails playing with a torch and fire to solder. If you are afraid of fire, this step might be a little challenging. If you have issues working with your hands, contact us. Have no worries, we can help you master fire or just skip this step. We've got your back!
Our objective it that you learn something new, have fun creating something with your own hands and leave this experience with a smile on your face!
Booking & location
- Click the BOOK NOW button at your right for the date of your choice.
- If you want to offer this class and you don't know the date yet, email us.
- Tuesdays, 5pm to 8pm
- Thursdays, 5pm to 8pm
- Saturdays, 10am to 1pm
For a different schedule, email us.
5795 Ave de Gaspé, #213b
Montreal, Qc, H2S 2X3
The workshops are held in our jewelry making studio.
Between 2.5 to 3 hours
- 1 guest: $179
- 2 guests: $358
- 3 guests: $510, discount of 5% ($170 x 3)
- 4 guests: $680, discount of 5% ($170 x 4)
- 5 guests: $805, discount of 10% ($161 x 5)
*Participants must be 16 years old or older.
- Bring a mask to protect you from smokes and dust.
No-show & reschedule
Participants must inform Camillette at least 48 hours before if they cannot attend the workshop. The workshop can be reschedule only once and only in case of force majeure. In case of no-show, the workshop is not rescheduled nor refunded.
* Camillette reserves the right to cancel or reschedule the workshop if necessary (sickness or not enough participants).
*From the date of purchase, participant.s have one year to attend the workshop*
Is it possible to make the ring in another material, such as gold?
Unfortunately, it is not possible to make the rings in gold. Gold is very particular and difficult to work with. It requires advanced skills. Plus, it's very, very expensive. For a first jewelry project, your ring may not be perfect. Therefore it is risky and expensive to make a first project using gold. However, it is possible to make your ring in silver or brass in the workshop and then have it molded and cast in the material of your choice. If this option interests you, I can help you achieve it. Contact us for more information.
Can I make the ring from sketches or my design ideas?
During the class, you'll make a ring from a silver or brass wire. You can pick from a selection of various wire shapes (round, half-round, square, triangle, flat band, etc.) and size. You can come with ideas of designs. We'll try to integrate as much as possible your design ideas in your project. Some designs however will be impossible to do because it's too complicated or the technique is not applicable in a 3 hour class.
Is it possible to integrate stones to my ring?
Unfortunately, it is not possible to integrate stones on your ring. The integration of stones, or setting, requires advanced skills. For a first jewelry project, the integration of stones is too complex.
Do you do private workshops?
Yes, it is possible to book a private workshop. A $40 fee applies. Contact us to see our availability.
It was such a fun workshop with Camille. She guided us through every step of the way and even showed us some tricks. I definitely recommend trying this out if you're looking to do something fun and unique!
J’ai adoré mon expérience. Nous sommes bien guidé et le produit final est vraiment magnifique. Je recommande vraiment cette activité à tous!
WORKSHOP - Design and Fabricate a Silver Ring
Super workshop, je recommande !
Camillette's expertise and passion for her craft were evident throughout the workshop. She provided clear and easy-to-follow instructions, as well as individual attention to each participant to ensure that we were all able to create a beautiful piece of jewelry.